SDA is complex and requires specialist knowledge to develop and operate. Those interested in investing in SDA are advised to consider and seek specialist advice in relation to the following items:
· Be wary of any claims that look too good to be true. For instance, be wary of suggested returns on investment that appear to be excessively high.
· Ensure that the dwelling has suitable planning approval from local government for the intended purpose.
· Ensure that the dwelling is certified to comply with the requirements of the National Construction Code (NCC).
· Ensure that the dwelling is audited and complies with the requirements of the NDIS SDA Design Guidelines and other requirements outlined in the SDA Price Guide.
· Ensure that the SDA Provider who will be providing ongoing management services is registered and also certified by the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission.
· Ensure the dwelling is in a location, is a dwelling type, design category and configuration for which which you are confident there is potential demand.
· Be aware that each individual NDIS Participant must be specifically approved for funding to live in SDA, and that the application process is comprehensive and takes time. Only around 6% of the total number of anticipated NDIS Participants at full NDIS rollout are expected to be found eligible for SDA.
· Be aware that the NDIA provides no guarantee that an SDA vacancy will be filled, and until an SDA approved Participant moves into the dwelling no SDA Payment will be made or received.
The matters identified above are provided for information purposes only and cover only some of the main issues for consideration for potential investors in SDA projects. The SDA Alliance recommends that anyone considering investing in an SDA project seek independent financial and legal advice and should not rely on the information herein.
The NDIS PROPERTY AUSTRALIA will not be liable for any claim, loss or liability caused by or arising out of a person’s reliance on the information above including where a person has relied on this information to determine the financial viability of an SDA project.
NDIS PROPERTY AUSTRALIA PTY LTD, a subsidiary of BUILD NEW HOMES AUSTRALIA (Corporate Real Estate Licence No. 4417552), has prepared information on this website that is general in nature. We believe this information to be reliable and accurate, based on current available data. It does not take into account the objectives, financial situation or needs of any particular person. You need to consider your financial situation and needs before making any decisions based on this information. BUILD NEW HOMES AUSTRALIA & NDIS PROPERTY AUSTRALIA, its subsidiaries, affiliates and consultants, are not licensed financial advisors and are not liable to any person or entity for any damage or loss that has occurred, or may occur, in relation to that person or entity taking or not taking action in respect of any representation, statement, opinion or advice referred to herein. You should seek independent professional legal, taxation and finance advice.
HAVE A QUESTION?
Submit a question below, or call us on 1300254397