We recognise the importance of protecting personal information. In collecting and handling personal information, we are bound by the Privacy Act, including the Australian Privacy Principles (‘APPs’), and applicable privacy regulations.
The personal information we collect about you:
- This website may collect personal information about you including, but not limited to your name, address, phone number, email, gender, occupation, personal interests and any other information provided.
- For some services and products, NDIS PROPERTY AUSTRALIA may also collect your personal information to enable verification of your identity, including information from your passport, driver’s licence, and health care and concession cards.
- If you access any of our services through a social network site such as Facebook, we will collect limited information provided to us by that social network site, such as user name, site ID and email address.
- We may also collect non-personal information about you including, but not limited to, data relating to your activities on this website (including IP addresses) via tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons and measurement software or data relating to survey responses.
- You acknowledge that the personal information you provide us and which we collect from you, is your own information or information which you have been authorised to provide to us.
How we collect your personal information:
- This website may collect personal information about you from a variety of sources including, but not limited to:
- Subscribing to receive Alerts/e-brochures and filling in forms, surveys or research, participating in promotions and competitions on the websites or the websites of our service providers.
- Contacting us or our service providers for any reason including, but not limited to, reporting a problem with the website, requesting further services or seeking our assistance
- Posting or contributing material on our websites
- Providing your information to use via our social media platforms
- Using our services as a client of NDIS PROPERTY AUSTRALIA
How we use your personal information:
- Ensure that content from the website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Provide a better or more relevant service or product to you, for instance by automatically populating forms on the websites when you make enquiries of selected services;
- Personalise and customise your services, experience, advertising and content that you view and engage with on the website;
- Respond to or provide you with service, products, information and assistance that you request from NDIS PROPERTY AUSTRALIA;
- Contact you to conduct surveys, research and feedback about our products, services or the website;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- Help carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To assess your application for our service as a business in connection with our services;
- By disclosing the information to debt collection agencies to recover any amounts you owe us; and
- Notify you about changes to our products and services.
If all or part of this information is not provided, we may not be able to provide these services.
Using and disclosing your personal information.
For marketing purposes we may:
- Use your personal information to provide you with information about offers, promotions, goods or services, which we believe may be of interest to you
- Share your information with our service providers and other third parties so that they can provide you with products or services on our behalf or help us to provide you with the requested products or services including contacting you in relation to the products or services. If we do contact you by using your personal information in accordance with either of the above, we will give you the opportunity to request that your information not be used for further direct marketing in the future. We may also, if you request us to by opting-in through our website, share your information with third parties so they may contact you directly about their offers, promotions, goods or services.
How we disclose your personal information:
- We may disclose personal information to our related service providers or business partners.We may also disclose your personal information:
- To finance agencies, property developers, builders, that have listings or advertising on our website and/or which you have requested information from by submitting an enquiry;
- To our service providers, so that they can provide you with products or services on our behalf or products or services that you have requested directly from them;
- To third parties where you have requested information, services or products from them;
- In conjunction with a sale or similar transfer of a business;
relevant public, government or regulatory authorities, our legal representatives or other concerned parties, in special situations where we have reason to believe that disclosing your personal information is necessary to help identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities; and
- Where we are otherwise authorised or required by law to do so.
Disclosure and storage of personal information outside Australia:
- Personal information submitted by NDIS PROPERTY AUSTRALIA’s customers and visitors to our website may be held on servers located in Australia or in the data centres of NDIS PROPERTY AUSTRALIA’s outsourced data processors with data centres in Australia, the United States of America, Europe and Asia. We transfer data outside of Australia to our service providers in order to obtain secure storage, back-up and data retrieval services and to provide services. NDIS PROPERTY AUSTRALIA has implemented policies and procedures to safeguard the secure storage and processing of data with its related companies and has verified the security arrangements of its outsourced data processors. When you provide us with your personal information you give us your consent to store your personal information outside of Australia for the purposes described above.
- We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information we collect.
- We have established safeguards and use reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- Our employees, contractors, agents and service providers who provide services related to our information systems, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
- We review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
Correction and access
- We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep accurate and up to date, any information which we hold about you.
- If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect or you would like to review and confirm the accuracy of your personal information, you can contact us.
- You can also gain access to the personal information we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions provided for by law. To request access to your personal information, please contact us.
- NDIS PROPERTY AUSTRALIA is committed to providing its customers with a fair and responsible system for the handling of complaints.
- If at any time you have any concerns, complaints or questions in relation to your privacy or the operation of NDIS PROPERTY AUSTRALIA, please contact us. We will consider your query and endeavour to respond to you promptly.
- For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website.
Opting out of personalised ads:
- We aim to give you a highly relevant experience on our site. This involves us collecting and using information about the content you engage with, such as images, articles, web forms and ads, along with any information you provide to us.
- We may show you ads that we believe will be engaging.
- You can opt out of us personalising your advertising experience by going to the opt out page.
Cookies and web beacons:
- This includes using the information to report statistics, analyse trends, administer our services, diagnose problems and target and improve the quality of our products and services.
- We may allow other third parties to use their own cookies and web beacons to collect information about your visits to the website.
- We may combine our cookies, information collected through the cookies and web beacons on the website with other information and use analytics services to provide better or more relevant services and advertising to you on the website.
- Our service providers and other third parties may do the same in order to provide more relevant services and advertising to you through other websites that you may visit.
- Disabling these features may cause some of the functions on the websites, or products and services not to work properly.
Applications, widgets or links to other websites:
- We provide links to websites outside of the website, as well as to third party websites.
- We also allow some third parties to display widgets and applications on our Websites that allow you to interact and share content including social media buttons such as Facebook share and like, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+.
- These linked sites, applications and widgets are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to the websites, or their collection of information through these third party applications or widgets.
If you have any questions about this Disclaimer and would like further information, please contact us.
Last updated: 29/08/2020
HAVE A QUESTION?
Submit a question below, or call us on 1300254397